40+ Comforting And Helpful Bible Verses For Funerals
bible verses about funeral
Bible verses about funeral

Bible verses for funerals:-The fact that we can't deny it we all are going to die one day. Though it's hard for us to believe and control our emotions when we lose someone in our life who was closed to us but yes that what we call life.

But the matter of fact is God is love, no matter what situations you are going through, God's protection and His presence will always there to comfort you in your hard times. 

How could funeral scriptures comfort you?


If you also have lost your loved ones may these Bible verses for funerals bring peace and comfort into your life and help you to acknowledge the Love of Christ and His Faithfulness in the time of your distress.

    Bible Verses For Funerals:

    As God says I will never leave you, I will guide you in every situation, so at the time when you are suffering from the loss of someone, God still reminding you through His words that I am always there to comfort you and protect you.

    Similarly, these funeral scriptures are going to reminds you in every moment of your life when you are feeling hopeless just because you lost your loved ones. And I pray as you read these verses God's words would be enough to comfort you.

    bible verses about funeral
    Bible verses about funeral
    ✝ He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. 
    ~Revelation 21:4

    ✝ Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. 
    ~Matthew 5:4

    ✝ And the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
    ~Ecclesiastes 12:7

    ✝ Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die. 
    ~John 11:25
    bible verses about funeral
    Bible verses about funeral
    ✝ For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.
    ~Corinthians 5:1

    ✝ But, though he causes grief, he will have compassion according to the abundance of his steadfast love.
    ~Lamentations 3:32

    ✝ For I am sure that neither death nor life nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    ~Romans 8:38-39
    bible verses about funeral
    Bible verses about funeral
    ✝ Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. 
    ~Matthew 11:28-30

    Bible Verses About Funerals For Mother

    Losing a mother is feeling like you have lost everything. But our love for mother will never change.
    Though it's never easy to accept the fact that she will never stand beside you physically but her presence will always be right beside you. 

    And I hope meditating in these biblical scriptures for the funeral will help you to give comfort and strength.

    ✝ Then Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah’s tent, and he took Rebekah, and she became his wife, and he loved her; thus Isaac was comforted after his mother’s death.
    ~Genesis 24:67
    bible verses about funeral
    Bible verses about funeral
    ✝ Honor her for all that her hands have done. 
    ~Proverbs 31:31

    ✝ Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort.
    ~2 Corinthians 1:3

    ✝ Bring me some game and prepare a savory dish for me, that I may eat, and bless you in the presence of the Lord before my death.
    ~Genesis 27:7
    bible verses about funeral
    Bible verses about funeral
    ✝ You should be known for the beauty that comes from within.
    ~Peter 3:4

    Bible Verses About Funerals In Old Testaments:


    Old Testaments gives us a very clear perception of life and death. Raised as a Christian, we should always embrace our lives until the last breath and be thankful for our creator.

    As the Bible tells us the wages of our sins is death. The concept of death seems scary for some people but the one who believes in Christ, he is going to live for eternal life.

    Here are some Bible verses for funerals in old testaments that can be used for memorial services or religious services.

    Bible verses about funeral
    Bible verses about funeral
    ✝ The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart; the devout are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death.
    ~Isaiah 57:1-2

    ✝ Then the Lord said to Moses, “Behold, the time for you to die is near; call Joshua, and present yourselves at the tent of meeting, that I may commission him.” So Moses and Joshua went and presented themselves at the tent of meeting.
    ~Deuteronomy 31:14

    ✝ The Lord said to Moses, “Behold, you are about to lie down with your fathers; and these people will arise and play the harlot with the strange gods of the land, into the midst of which they are going, and will forsake Me and break My covenant which I have made with them.
    ~Deuteronomy 31:16

    ✝ Now when they heard this, they were cut to the quick, and they began gnashing their teeth at him. But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; and he said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.
    ~Acts 7:54-56

    ✝ The people thus contended with Moses and spoke, saying, “If only we had perished when our brothers perished before the Lord.
    ~Numbers 20:3
    bible verses about funeral
    Bible verses about funeral
    ✝ Remember now, that You have made me like clay; And would You turn me into dust again.
    ~Job 10:9

    ✝ He will swallow up death forever, and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for the Lord has spoken.
    ~Isaiah 25:8
    Bible verses about funeral
    Bible verses about funeral
    ✝ The Lord God commanded the man, saying, “From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die.
    ~Genesis 2:16-17

    ✝ The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.  He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever. 
    ~Psalm 23

    Psalms For Funerals

    If you are suffering from the loss of someone or preparing for a funeral or memorial services then these Psalms verses will bring comfort and hope in your life in the time of your distress.

    Before reading these Psalms I want you to first Pray with all your heart and soul and seek God's presence and believe in His every word He says through scriptures.
    Bible verses about funeral
    Bible verses about funeral
    ✝ My heart is in anguish within me,
    And the terrors of death have fallen upon me.
    ~Psalm 55:4

    ✝ I pour out my lament before him.  I tell him about my troubles.
    ~Psalm 142:2

    ✝ For you have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling.
    ~Psalm 116:8 

    ✝ The Lord watches over you—the Lord is your shade at your right hand; The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.

    The Lord will keep you from all harm—he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
    ~Psalm 121:5-8

    bible verses about funeral
    Bible verses about funeral
    ✝ I am worn out from my groaning. All night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears.
    ~Psalm 6:6

    ✝ I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!
    Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord.
    ~ Psalm 27:13-14

    ✝ Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul, and my body with grief. My life is consumed by anguish and my years by groaning; my strength fails because of my affliction, and my bones grow weak.
    ~Psalm 31:9-10
    bible verses about funeral
    Bible verses about funeral
    ✝ Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.
    ~Psalm 55:22

    ✝ My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.
    ~Psalm 119:28


    Wrapping Up: God is merciful and all He wants us to seek Him with all our hearts, life is full of ups and downs and even in that situation also God's love never changes for us. He said come to me and I will take your burdens away.

    If this article helps you do share with your friends or loved ones by just clicking on the share button.

    Related Topics:


    Post a Comment

    Previous Post Next Post